Monday, February 22, 2010

Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, bk 1)

Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, bk 1), by Tamora Peirce; young adult, fantasy; 240 pages

I started listening to this on CD last week, and as the story progressed, I started thinking of more and more reasons to be in my car listening, until I finally gave up and just finished the book in print. My friends have been bugging me to read these books for years, and having done that, I don't know how I missed them the first time around! Really great story and character development, even when I could kind of see plot twists coming from a long distance.

As a side note, I read the Simon Pulse mass market paperback editions, which are terrible: misplaced quotation marks, mis-spellings, and all other manner of typographical errors. Very frustrating, especially given that I enjoyed the story so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment