Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall--Nonfiction, Running--Sports--Lifestyle.
A very interesting book, I can see why it made so many best-of-the-year lists. It makes me want to get my (let's change this to) self out and run, and makes me want to start eating better, but at the same time I feel that a lot of the author's assertion about the Tarahumara, about running barefoot, and about what everyone was feeling and thinking during some races twenty years ago went rather unsupported. It's an enjoyable style to read, it keeps the story going, but a lot of it is stuff the author heard from somebody, and we're left to take his word that it's all true without so much as a sources section. -Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment