Tuesday, January 9, 2024

The Love Interest

The Love Interest by Victoria Walters, 328 pages

Liv is a part-time librarian who really just wants to write a romance novel. But she can't figure out how to write the leading man in her book. Enter her brother's best friend, Aiden, who has long been Liv's nemesis, but whose good looks and sexy accent make him a good starting place for a fictional love interest. I'm sure you can guess where this is going.

Enemies-to-lovers is one of my favorite romance tropes, but this book falls flat. The writing is meh, and the book-within-the-book's writing is bad enough that happy ending with the publishing deal is less believable than anything romantic in this book. And that's saying something, as the romance is a bit blah as well. I could go on, but I'll suffice it to say that I don't recommend this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment