Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Kiss Her Once for Me

 Kiss Her Once for Me by Allison Cochrun, 351 pages.

Ellie is broke, anxious, about to be evicted, and still secretly pining for the woman she had a magical day with last Christmas. Given these circumstances, it doesn't seem like the worst idea to go along with it when the handsome man who owns her job's building suggests they get fake married for a year to get around a nonsense clause on his inheritance. The 10% he promises Ellie would be enough to completely change her life, and she really needs to get out more anyway. The one catch is that she has to spend Christmas week in a house with his family. Then his sister turns out to be the girl from last year. And Christmas with his family is making her long for the kinds of things she never got from her own neglectful mother, and this arrangement is feeling more precarious by the day.

This is a reread (you can see my original review here), and I liked this delightful fake-dating rom-com at least as much a year later. I was even more struck the second time by how much I like the supporting cast. There is a very literal sort of found family at play here, and it makes for a very cozy Christmas read. This is in fact pretty much an ideal Christmas book for me I think, so I can see myself reading it again in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment