Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Rogues

 Rogues Edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois, 806 pages.

Thieves, tricksters, and all-purpose morally gray protagonists abound in this short story collection. And I, who tend to enjoy that sort of thing, had a great time. Like any anthology, some stories were stronger than others, but that's to be expected. This collection in particular also has a lot of short stories that are part of larger series, which makes them less interesting if you haven't read anything in the worlds that they are set in. I did manage to find a few short stories I liked so much I'm inspired to find books by their authors (Tough Times All Over by Joe Abercrombie in particular has convinced me I really need to pick up one of his novels, and Scott Lynch's short story was also exceptional). Overall, I think this is a very good collection to get from the library and pick through whatever seems interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment