Monday, September 2, 2013

You

You by Austin Grossman 383 pgs.

Staff favorite Grossman's second book is the story of friendship and video games.  Mostly the creation of video games.  A high school nerd pack make their way into video production minus Russell who thinks he needs to become a traditional adult.  Russell bounces around never really finding his path and then ends up at the video game company started by his former friends minus Simon who died in an odd accident.  The company is faltering and Russell must solve a mysterious software problem to try to save it.  This follow up to "Soon I will be Invincible" is pretty good but can't compare to the greatness of his previous book. Part of it is probably my lack of experience with gaming and I didn't find myself picturing this book as a movie.  Still, I will probably read anything Grossman writes.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment