Monday, September 30, 2013

Fables 1-10

Fables vol. 1-10, by Bill Willingham, 1766 pages in all


Fables: Legends in Exile, 118 pages
Fables: Animal Farm, 111 pages
Fables: Storybook Love, 192 pages
Fables: March of the Wooden Soldiers, 231 pages
Fables: The Mean Seasons, 166 pages
Fables: Homelands, 190 pages
Fables: Arabian Nights (And Days), 161 pages
Fables: Wolves, 159 pages
Fables: Sons of Empire, 200 pages
Fables: The Good Prince, 228 pages

OK, so I'm a little over half-way through my Fables re-read, and since I hadn't blogged about any of them yet, I figured I'd save everyone some scrolling and throw them all in together. As I mentioned this is a re-read, and I'm quite enjoying revisiting this tale of storybook refugees. I didn't get to read them all in a chunk like this last time around, and I'm quite enjoying the continuity this time. That said, some of the things I found so hilarious last time weren't quite as funny this time, probably because 1. I knew they were coming, and 2. they really weren't as funny as I remembered. However, I'm continually amazed by creator Bill Willingham's ability to weave such a great story. It makes the weak spots in this 'verse (like the spin-off, and, here's hoping, one-off Werewolves of the Heartland) even more disappointing. Anyway, if you haven't read this, give it a whirl. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment