Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cocaine Blues / Kerry Greenwood

Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood (a Phryne Fisher mystery, #1). 175 p.

I wanted to go back to the beginning of this series, since I just read the newest volume (#18) in November.* I had forgotten, for instance, the very striking way in which Phryne meets her long-suffering maid Dot. I had not forgotten the communist cab-drivers, though. The late '20s-in-Australia setting is also really interesting, and one I've not run into except in these books. The mystery in this one is not terribly mysterious, but the action is fun to watch.

*Also, I was visiting a rather famous mystery bookstore here in Houston, and someone my friend knows was working when we were in the store, so I felt obliged to buy something.

No comments:

Post a Comment