Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lord of the While Hell book 2/Ginn Hale

Lord of the White Hell book 2, by Ginn Hale; dark fantasy, mystery; 346 pages

When I read the first half of this story, I was a little disappointed, but I think the second half more than made up for it. Here, the mystery set up in the first installment comes to its conclusion, and it makes for a gripping read. I had mentioned earlier that the world wasn't well-developed, but this volume had what the first lacked: a solid appendix of names and places, as well as a timeline of major historical events. Seeing this makes me think that this was originally a single book, and the publisher broke it in two, so I'm going to blame the publisher for the rockiness of the first volume. I tore through pretty quickly, so if the ending seemed a little rushed, that might have just been my reading it so fast. However, this was an exciting read, and I look forward to more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment