Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Penultimate Peril/Lemony Snicket

Well now I'm just depressed! It's getting to the point where I can't even really describe my feelings about this series. Events keep getting more and more tragic, and yet the writing is so good I don't want the story to end. I've also started to think that this series is just a big strange exploration of human morality.
Espionage! Arson! Manslaughter! Disturbing implications about the Baudelaire parents! Moral ambiguity for all! Lost loves! Taxi drivers! Having to hold the book up to a mirror like that time when I was reading House of Leaves and I got so frustrated with it!
Good luck, Baudelaires. It looks like you'll need it. 353 pp.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, the backwards mirror writing was what I loved about House of Leaves!

    ReplyDelete