Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Checklist Manifesto

The Checklist Manifesto: How to get things right/Atul Gawande 209 pg.

This book kind of blew me away. I've been a list person for years and felt like I needed them to make up for something lacking in my brain cells. Now I find out it is all for the good. The idea that highly trained professionals in areas like medicine, pilots, and construction all improve their outcomes with checklists is good to know. We are talking about minimizing errors in the simple ways because you follow the accepted and prescribed procedures. This book also makes a case for teamwork which is quite different than committee work. Results are just better when the group is clear about goals and communication. I think there is a lot to be learned here. - Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment