Dungeon Crawler Carl by Matt Dinniman, 464 pages
I had started reading The Veiled Prophet by Devin O'Shea, the highly-researched, potentially last-word nonfiction text on the history of the long-time racist parade in St. Louis. But then the cover art of Dungeon Crawler Carl book caught my eye and the VP book sat on my nightstand unread. I felt so guilty. What would I say to O'Shea if I ran into him around town? "Sorry it's a great book, but I'm too into this book about a space alien "running man" style intergalactic game show with a talking cat."
This book has such a ridiculous premise but you really just have to go all in on it and never look back. I found myself having to read a few chapters every night just to see what the heck was going to happen to these characters. I'm not sure I'm in it for the long haul just yet, since there are eight books in this series, but I did pick up the second book. I have, however, recommitted myself to finishing the VP book before I start it. Hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment