Friday, August 21, 2026

The Death Row Club

The Death Row Club by V.A. Vazquez (2026), 323 pages

This book seemed like a cool concept. The adult children of death row inmates get to spend a weekend together away from the pressures and prying eyes (and judgement) of the public. While that eventually happened, it really follows two women whose fathers' commit murders while they come to terms with their unknowing roles in them. In some ways, the book does touch upon the family members of convicted murderers and the complicated relationship that they may have with each other and the convicted member, but I think I was hoping that there would be more of that angle. Instead, it quickly touches upon that issue and slowly (then dramatically) ends with a murder at the retreat and a quick resolution to the whole thing. It was an ok book, I just found myself a bit disappointed in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment