Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Fantastic Mr. Fox

 Fantastic Mr. Fox, by Roald Dahl, 81 pgs                                                                                                                                                  

My daughter is reading Roald Dahl books and is loving them so much that she's demanding that I read them too. So here we are! I brought Matilda home for her to read and she loved it so much, she said it was one of the best books she's ever read. I miss reading the illustrated kids books now, since she's getting older but I'm learning to love some of the chapter books she's reading. 
    I've never actually read any of Dahl's books but this was a great one to start with. Mr. Fox outwits three mean, ugly farmers and saves not only his wife and family but the families of other animals living underground in the hill. I loved that he gets his tail shot off--so violent. They don't put violence in kids stories like they used to. Just when you think the three mean farmers will capture Mr. Fox, he comes up with an even better plan to rob the farmers of all of their supplies. This is an easy read and the illustrations by Quentin Blake are fun and whimsical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment