Thursday, October 26, 2023

Strange Practice

 Strange Practice by Vivian Shaw, 320 pages.

Dr. Greta Helsing runs a very specialized medical practice, caring for London's undead like her family before her. Although not lucrative, Greta takes great satisfaction in her work. An order on monstrous monks hunting London's undead and human communities both is not what she signed up for, but that's not going to stop her from doing her best to get to the bottom of it.

This was a fun little mystery. I really enjoyed the characters and the world that Shaw set up. I will however say that it is a very good thing that solving mysteries isn't actually Greta's job, because she and her friends are frustratingly bad at it. Still, I enjoyed this book enough that I expect I will pick up it's sequel.

(Also, this cover is SUPER cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment