Wednesday, October 18, 2023

My Roommate is a Vampire

 My Roommate is a Vampire by Jenna Levine, 341 pages.

Cassie Greenberg is really struggling to make ends meet living in Chicago with an MA in art. She's on the cusp of eviction (again) when she sees a roommate wanted ad for a ludicrously low price in a suspiciously nice neighborhood. Then she meets her new roommate, one Frederick J. Fitzwilliam, who is both very attractive and astoundingly weird (I'm sure we can all guess why). Turns out Frederick needs a guide for life in the 21st century (he's been asleep awhile), and Cassie really needs the cheap rent. Plus, he's not so bad once you get to know him.

This book was exactly as cute as the cover promised (and that's a really cute cover). It was also hilarious, up there with the funniest romantic comedies I've read. This was a really delightful book to break up some of the darker Halloween-themed books I tend to read in October. There were a few plot hooks that felt like they sort of came out of nowhere and went nowhere, but I wouldn't say that that really detracted from my enjoyment at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment