Wednesday, September 9, 2020

In a Midnight Wood

In a Midnight Wood by Ellen Hart, 301 pages

Twenty years ago, popular high school senior Sam went missing and all efforts by his family and police to find him were in vain. But on the eve of what would've been his 20th high school reunion, his remains are found, buried under a casket in a local cemetery. True crime podcaster Jane Lawless is visiting a friend in town when she hears about the cold case being reopened, and decides to do her own investigation, leading to a complicated web of secrets that have long been buried.

Considering this was the first Jane Lawless book I've read and also the 27th (!) in the series, I was impressed by the fact that I had no trouble picking up the story. It was definitely intriguing, and great to see an older lesbian lead in a novel, though I'll admit that there were some story elements that I wasn't too keen on. That said, it kept me guessing until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment