Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Man Who Played with Fire

The Man Who Played with Fire: Stieg Larsson's Lost Files and the Hunt for an Assassin by Jan Stocklassa  495 pp.

I'm going to start out by saying I enjoyed Stieg Larrson's novels about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I had high hopes that the same would be true about this book. Unfortunately I was disappointed. The assassination of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme in 1986 was an important unsolved crime so the story should have been intriguing. Yes, there are interesting parts but as a whole I found the book boring and couldn't wait to be done with it. I actually fell asleep a number of times while listening to the audiobook but persevered by going back to the last part I remembered and continuing from there. In my opinion Stocklassa failed in his attempt to bring Larsson's quest for the killer to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment