Sunday, December 15, 2019

Dealing With Dragons

Dealing With Dragons, Patricia C. Wrede, 212 pages

Dealing With Dragons was one of my favorite books when I was in the third grade, and is the first novel in The Enchanted Forest Chronicles. This series and Brian Jacques's Redwall series gave me a firm love of fantasy novels, and what I loved most about this series in particular is that the protagonist, Princess Cimorene is quick witted and practical. She solves her problems by being clever and knowing Latin and magic and how to organize a library and treasure room. As an adult, revisiting this book, it was exactly what I wanted to sit down and read for the evening. Wrede has made a wonderful world with this series, and I recommend that anyone who has an interest to pick this up. It is the bee's knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment