Monday, September 9, 2019

The Sky Is Yours

The Sky Is Yours by Chandler Klang Smith, 457 pages

Take Manhattan, and throw in the following elements in equal parts:
  • horrific prison mismanagement (think a walled-in neighborhood where all criminals, regardless of crime, are thrown together); 
  • a disturbing fascination with reality TV and technology; 
  • a hopelessly romantic teenage girl whose only purpose is to be married off to a rich husband;
  • and a freaked out kid who grew up on a trash island.
Mix well and cook with intermittent fire provided by two ever-circling dragons flying above the city.

Makes: one cynical, funny science fiction novel. Devour at will.

I read this book for the first time last year, and blogged about it here. I feel much the same on this reread as I did then (still loved it, still tickled pink at the character names), so I won't say much more in this post. I'm curious to see what the Orcs & Aliens think of it tonight though.

2 comments:

  1. Generally, Orcs and Aliens response was: "I hated it."

    (A couple of people said "hate" was too strong, but no one but Kara actually liked it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically, our response was: "I hated it."

    (A couple of people said "hate" was too strong, but Kara was the only one who actively liked it.)

    ReplyDelete