Thursday, September 26, 2019

Save me from dangerous men

Save me from dangerous men / S. A. Lelchuk, 326 pgs.

Nikki Griffin is a book lover but also in court mandated counseling for her anger issues.  Anger that often leads to violence.  She is pretty good at the violence.  She owns a book store but has a side business "talking" to men who need to hear clearly that they should stop contacting their wives/girlfriends/partners that they have injured.  Things are going well when a corporate CEO asks her to follow an employee suspected of stealing.  Soon enough, she is in deep in a shadowy world she doesn't really understand.  The employee ends up dead and it seems likely that the perps are trying to frame her, somehow.  She does more digging and uncovers a bit of a corporate situation that may lead to international incidents.  Can she outsmart her targets?  Can she survive long enough to do so?  I'm not sure this is a great plot but the writing had me on the edge of my seat.  I wanted to see how things turned out...never once suspecting that Nikki wouldn't come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment