Tuesday, January 29, 2019

All Systems Red

All Systems Red, Martha Wells, 152 pages

Martha Wells All Systems Red follows Murderbot as it works to save its human charges from a group of others that seem bent upon the destruction of its clients, all while hiding that its governing module is hacked, making it a rogue agent itself. All Systems Red is a very quick read, perfect for an afternoon with a cup of tea. Of interest to me was the way in which Murderbot interacts with the world, and its reactions, as they seem similar to the memoirs and experiences of many high functioning autistic individuals. I found that highly relatable, as I am on the spectrum and deal with some similar social anxieties. All in all, I really enjoyed the novel, my only wish was that it did not end so abruptly. The story arc is nicely progressing, the plot comes to a wonderful climax, it is just that it wraps up and ends so very quickly that it feels rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment