Monday, December 31, 2018

The Wrong Side of Goodbye

The Wrong Side of Goodbye by Michael Connelly, 388 pages.

I originally started listening to this to test the Hoopla app on my phone. I was listening to Milkman by Anna Burns but it stopped working and I wanted to see if the problem was in the audio file or in my phone. I grabbed a Michael Connelly book because I always enjoy listening to (or reading) anything Connelly writes. And since after a year or two, I find I have forgotten the beginning of most books, I figured this would be perfect. It took me about an hour or so to figure out both that it was a problem with the file of Milkman, and that I had never read this book. So this was great. Harry Bosch is hired to find whether a dying man did have an heir (his girlfriend was pregnant when his family force them apart), and he is working part-time with the San Fernando Police Department,trying to solve what appears to be a series of rapes. Anyone who knows anything about mysteries or police procedurals knows that Connelly is worth the read. Now I have to figure out to which book I assigned this title in my faulty memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment