Thursday, December 20, 2018

Soon I will be invincible

Soon I will be invincible / Austin Grossman, read by J. Paul Boehmer and Coleen Marlo, 287 pgs.

I circle back around to this often but still find new things to like.  Dr. Impossible is still evil and Fatale is still looking for love but this time I appreciated the perfection of the relationship between Fatale and Lilly.  They are outsiders together.  New to the team, one is a "convert" she has fairly recently been in cahoots with Dr. Impossible.  Fatale is still new enough to her cyborg body that she is figuring things out.  She wants to belong but there is a lot of undercurrent on the New Champions team that has just been formed.  I like learning how many of the back stories are pure marketing.  I like the way this book looks at the forces that form us.  It is still great and I'm sure this isn't my last reading/listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment