Monday, December 31, 2018

Ghost


Ghost by Jason Reynolds, 181 pages.

I listened to this recently on a road-trip with my family.
Here is what I said about this book when I first read it back in August of 2017:
A very good story of a young man who finds his way in the world through track. Ghost remembers running from his father when he was young, but he doesn't realize that running is something that he is good at, and that it can help him, for quite a while. Once he does discover this and finds a place on a good track team, he puts his new-found place in jeopardy with some questionable decisions. I first heard about this when it was recommended by Jacqueline Woodson on PBS last year, and then at the American Library Association conference, Jason Reynolds was everywhere, and the lines were long. So, he's a force in YA literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment