Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The life-changing magic of tidying up


The life-changing magic of tidying up / Marie Kondo 213 pgs.

This little book is one of the most requested right now.  I'm not sure if it is in demand because it promises magic? or if we are all aware we have WAY too much stuff.  Marie Kondo has a system that she says works and that people who use it, don't back slide.  Is that because they are so pleased with their new uncluttered environment that they can't imagine going back?  I'll spoil the surprise, her method includes doing it all at once.  If you do just a little bit at a time, you don't see enough change and often don't continue.  She breaks the tasks up into dealing with categories so, for example, you deal with all of your books first.  A lot of what she says makes sense.  I'm not sure I can do it, but it is worth a try.  I am a believer in the idea that getting your things under control can change your life.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment