Monday, March 23, 2015

The Brewer of Preston

The Brewer of Preston by Andrea Camilleri, 75 of 245 pages

Written by the author of the Detective Montalbano series, The Brewer of Preston focuses on a small town in 1870s Italy, where a prefect has inexplicably mandated that a mediocre opera be performed to debut the town's new theater. But many of those in the town have decided to protest the performance.

This book, at least as far as I read it, had some funny situations, as well as the promise of a charming tale. However, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I think it would be better suited to someone who has a greater knowledge of and investment in the unification of Italy in the 1800s, neither of which describe me. Perhaps I'll give it a go later on, but as it was, I had too many other books in my to-read pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment