Sunday, August 17, 2014

Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson

Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson 371 pages.

I have really enjoyed reading Atkinson's first two Jackson Brodie books. It wasn't until reading her superb Life after Life last year that I got back to the series though (LAL is not part of the series, it simply reminded me that Atkinson is a great writer).
Started Early interweaves the story of retired police detective superintendent, Tracy Waterhouse, and semi-retired private investigator, Jackson Brodie. Their paths cross as Waterhouse was a young officer in the seventies when Brodie's current client, now searching for her birth-parents, was adopted. Brodie, while investigating his client's past happens to be in the local shopping mall when Waterhouse, now working mall security, makes a fateful decision regarding an abused young girl.
Well worth the read.
Check our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment