Sunday, August 17, 2014

I Work at a Public Library by Gina Sheridan

I Work at a Public Library by Gina Sheridan  157 pgs.

Librarian Gina Sheridan pulls together a collection of stories, questions, and conversations that she has recorded throughout her years working in a public library.  Chapters are cleverly categorized using the Dewey Decimal System from 004.16 Computers, stories of user error and technological flubs to 809.9339 Volumes of Gratitude, a special collection of heartwarming tales of library (and patron) appreciation. 

Laughter and head shaking in acknowledgment and recognition of many of these scenarios will ensue.

One of my favorite entries :

Chapter 5:  153.733  Listening  In

Fairies, Book

As I shelved books in the children’s area, I overheard two parents talking as their children played.

Parent 1:  Do you ever hide books you've read over and over again because you’re so sick of them?


Parent 2:  Oh definitely.  When they ask for them, I say the book fairy came to get it.  One time they saw one of the books at the library so now that think the librarians are book fairies.


No comments:

Post a Comment