Thursday, August 28, 2014

10% happier : how I tamed the voice in my head, reduced stress without losing my edge, and found self-help that actually works : a true story

10% happier : how I tamed the voice in my head, reduced stress without losing my edge, and found self-help that actually works : a true story / Dan Harris 237 pgs.

Dan Harris is a real skeptic when it comes to religion, self-help, touchy feely ideas of all types until he really needs some help.  As a national news correspondent, he has a panic attack that leads to him freezing up on the air.  This will never do.  He starts researching ways to get past this debilitating problem that will clearly negatively affect his career.  He discovers meditation and decides to try it.  This is Dan's story.  The ultimate skeptic becomes pretty devoted to the practice.  It makes him happier.  This is his story and it is fun to read.  Maybe we should all be meditating.  You might decide to try after reading this book.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment