Sunday, September 30, 2012

Batman: Knightfall vol. 1

Batman. Knightfall, vol. 1 by Doug Moench, Chuck Dixon, Alan Grant, etc., 640 pages

This whopping volume has been better described quite well by Annie, so I won't go into specifics here. But basically, this is when Bane comes to town and uses every bad guy Batman's ever faced to take down the Bat. And it's the only Batman storyline that I'd ever really heard of before experiencing Batman in a non-crappy movie way (Val Kilmer, you had a lovely jawline to play Batman, but that's about it). It's been a great introduction to the villains of Batman, who each get their own storyline here.

Through reading this, I've realized that I'm definitely a bigger fan of long-form comics. There is no way I would have read, much less enjoyed, this story if I'd read it in the original serial format. I'm glad I read it, and I'm looking forward to reading volume two.

No comments:

Post a Comment