Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Wrinkle in Time/Madeleine L'Engle

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle; young adult, science fiction; 280 pages (about 5 1/2 hours on audio)

I revisited this classic because 2012 marks the 50th anniversary of its publication. I first read this in second grade, and made it a regular reread throughout my childhood, but I hadn't picked it up again in about 10 years. Thankfully, the story holds up well, and I found myself enjoying it every bit as much as I used to. I listened to the audio book, which is read by the author; on the one hand, L'Engle adds some inflections to the dialogue that I had never considered, which I liked; on the other hand, her strong New England accent could sometimes get distracting. If you haven't read this in a while, now is a good time to pick it back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment