Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke, 312 pages

In this lighthearted mystery, baker and amateur detective Hannah Swenson pokes around her hometown to discover who shot the milkman in the alley behind her bakery (while he was eating her prized chocolate chip crunch cookies, no less!), while dodging blind date set-ups from her overbearing mother. I'd never read one of the baking mysteries before, but
it's a cute book; light, fun and just what I needed at the time. I can definitely see myself picking up more in the Hannah Swenson series when I need a breather from life.

Oh, and I did copy down one of the recipes in the book before I returned it. One of these days I'll make it and, yes, bring in samples. But my kids may be in college before I get the spare time to make the cookies, so don't anyone hold your breath on them.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what's going on with my fonts here. I apologize for the screwiness!

    ReplyDelete