Tuesday, February 28, 2012

If You Ask Me (and of Course You Won't)/Betty White

If You Ask Me (and of Course You Won't) by Betty White; essays; 272 pages (about 2.5 hours on audio)

This was a quick audiobook that I initially picked up purely for page count. I enjoy White's work (I grew up watching the Golden Girls with my grandmother), but I don't know much about her beyond that, and her occasional cameo on a commercial or TV show. So I enjoyed this look inside her head, where she shares her thoughts on acting, comedy, pets, and, yes, growing older. Strangely, White never identifies herself as a celebrity (in fact, there's a chapter on how awkward celebrities make her feel). At 89 years old, she's done just about everything, and it fun to hear her stories. The audiobook is narrated by White, so that was an added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment