Wednesday, September 9, 2026

The Women in White

 The Women in White by Sarah Pekkanen (2026), 291 pages

Riley is a recently divorced, living out of her car caregiver. Betty is a wheelchair bound octogenarian who is in need of help. They click instantly and Riley soon discovers there is a lot more to Betty's story. 

I am on the fence about this one. The novel follows two-timelines: the 1960s and present day. I really enjoyed the parts of the novel based in the 60s, especially the relationship between the four central women who became part of a scientific study looking into parapsychology. Unfortunately, the rest of the novel fell flat. I think I expected more exploration into their supernatural cognitive abilities and was disappointed that didn't happen. The present-day relationship between Riley and Betty felt incomplete and rushed. The ending also wrapped up too quickly. It was an interesting read, but I felt it could have been more fleshed out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment