Saturday, September 19, 2026

The Redemption Center Is Closed on Sundays

The Redemption Center Is Closed on Sundays by Andrea Hairston, 416 pages

Oona the St. Berdoodle is known throughout the neighborhood, either as a loveable and smart pal or as a pesky and smart annoyance. When Oona and her current owner Zsuzsu start to investigate the death of a local celebrity, Oona's ability to travel between universes becomes a necessity to finding the killer. Unfortunately, the killer knows who Oona is, and the dog and her humans have to work fast to stay ahead of the murderer.

This is quite possibly one of the strangest and most scattered books I've read in a while. The characters are vibrant, but the plot is confusing, and a couple months after reading it, I still have no idea what I read. I may give it another go at some point, but that first go-round was a doozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment