We are competitive library employees who are using this blog for our reading contest against each other and Missouri libraries up to the challenge.
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Turning to Stone: Discovering the Subtle Wisdom of Rocks
Turning to Stone: Discovering the Subtle Wisdom of Rocks
Marcia Bjornerud
288 pages
Our author tells stories from her life and career, relating them to little lessons in geology. This blends a lot of subgenres that I adore, including:
*Memoirs that are anecdotes from an interesting job
*Teacher stories
*Nonfiction in which authors look at a subject and say “We are not so different, you and I.”
This was really fun, as our author is very likable and imparts some interesting information about rocks and how the field of geology has changed over the last 50 years or so. The parts about working in really remote places and the camaraderie between the scientists were especially fun. I recommend to anyone casually interested in science.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment