Tuesday, November 21, 2023

My Roommate is a Vampire

My Roommate is a Vampire by Jenna Levine (2023) 

I got caught by the catchy title while I was looking for some light reading, and I found it in this romance novel. Cassie has a Master's degree in art, but her specialty is creating art using trash, which doesn't attract the job she wants as an art teacher. She has pieced together an existence with a couple of part-time gigs, but living in Chicago is expensive and she's about to be evicted when she decides to consider an sharing an apartment with very cheap rent. What's wrong with the place? Nothing, if you don't mind living with a vampire named Frederick J. Fitzwilliam, who had spent the last one hundred years in a coma and now wants to learn how to fit in in the modern world. It was fun to see where the author went with this idea in her debut novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment