Thursday, March 24, 2022

The Martian

 The Martian by Andy Weir, 384 pages.

After a million-to-one accident leaves Mark Watney stranded and alone on Mars he has to use all of his scientific training to survive. The thing is Mars doesn't seem to particularly want him to survive. The story is told initially in Mark's log entries, but later also from the perspectives of the people back on Earth trying to save him.

I'm sure this is old news by now, but this book is really good! I'm a little sad that I only now got around to reading it, but on that note I'm glad I finally did! Andy Weir does a really great job using real science (as I've heard from people who know more about science than me) in a way that is really accessible, which makes the book feel like a learning experience. It's also extremely fun with a great sense of tension. I really enjoyed it, and if anyone else hasn't read it yet I would definitely recommend it. It also definitely made me look forward to rereading Project Hail Mary for the Orcs and Aliens book club this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment