Monday, September 13, 2021

A Pale Light in the Black

 A Pale Light in the Black by K.B. Wagers, 421 pages.

Kara beat me to the punch this month! So check out her original review of this book last year. 

I had a bit of a harder time getting into this book. The first fourth or so was a bit of a struggle for me, and I didn't really get into it until about half way through. However, from that point I was completely invested. I really appreciated the detailed explorations of how in the distant future people continue to be essentially the same, and the interesting ways that is expressed in a changing world (the examination of evangelical reactions to space was especially interesting for me). 

I really enjoyed all of the characters on Zuma's Ghost, and most of the characters in general (D'Arcey in particular is a favorite). This book was extremely sweet, and once I got into it it felt extremely comfortable to read. I'm looking forward to discussing it more at Orcs and Aliens tonight!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment