Monday, June 21, 2021

Nine Perfect Strangers

 

Nine Perfect Strangers / Liane Moriarty, read by Caroline Lee, 453 pp.


Because Moriarty's books are so popular I assumed that I couldn't possibly like them.  Yes, I'm a snob.  In fact, I found Nine Perfect Strangers a delightful listen, smart, funny and moving.  And Caroline Lee has just jumped to the top of my list of favorite readers.

Tranquillum House is a luxurious wellness retreat center somewhere in rural Australia.  When Frances Welty, middle-aged writer of romance novels at a professional and personal nadir, arrives for some much-needed rest and relaxation she finds the spa's methods more unconventional than anticipated.  

The story boasts a wonderful cast of characters, terrific humor, and some genuine mystery and suspense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment