Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Container Gardener's Handbook

 Container Gardener's Handbook by Frances Tophill, 157 pages. 

I got checked out this book, and a number of similar ones, because it's Spring and I am so excited to start growing things again! I've been growing things, mostly herbs and vegetables, in containers for a number of years, but I've always sort of played it by ear. This year I thought it would be fun to try and read up on what I should  be doing.

This book did not quite suit my purposes. It is much more focused on the aesthetics of a container garden than the how-to's that I would expect from something labeled a handbook. I would say this is a guide book to designing a fashionable garden more than any sort of growing guide.

That being said, there are some really cute project ideas in here! I love the succulent picture frame and will likely try making one of my own! Interspersed with these really cute projects are several projects that I suspect would look more like plants had started sprouting in the kind of debris that accumulates around an abandoned house. Still, it is a fun book to flip through for ideas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment