Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Six Months, Three Days, Five Others

Six Months, Three Days, Five Others by Charlie Jane Anders, 188 pages

In this pocket-sized book of short stories, Anders offers up some wonderfully weird tales of everything from aliens returning to Earth to check on their creations (AKA humans) to a theater-critic-turned-genie at the end of the world to a love affair between two people who can see the future (though not necessarily the same one). Anders caps this excellent collection with a coda to her excellent novel, All the Birds in the Sky, answering once and for all the burning question of that book: whatever happened to Patricia's cat? (I won't answer it for you here, but I will say I enjoyed the cat's fate.) If you're a fan of Kelly Link or just like weird stories, I highly recommend this collection, though I would also recommend reading All the Birds in the Sky before you partake of that last tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment