Monday, January 16, 2017

Hag-seed

Hag-seed: the tempest retold / Margaret Atwood, 314 pgs.

Felix is pushed out of his job as the creative lead of a theater company and ends up on a twelve year sabbatical that gives him just enough time to plan his revenge.  His self exile in a rough cabin inhabited by the ghost of his young daughter who died at three and his own thoughts is sometimes stultifying.  He takes a job teaching literacy theater in a prison and the road to revenge is paved.  I will freely admit the story was new to me after having no problem forgetting the entirety of my college Shakespeare class.  This retelling is interesting and made me a want to read the original.  I listened to the audio version and thoroughly enjoyed R. H. Thomson's narration of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment