Monday, April 11, 2016

My Beloved World

My Beloved World / Sonia Sotomayor 340 pgs.

This memoir from Justice Sotomayor tells an amazing story of a young  Puerto Rican girl who grew up in the Bronx in a loving but very poor family.  Her father died when she was young leaving her mother to raise her and her brother.  Sotomayor was diagnosed at a very young age with type 1 diabetes...a disease that she always assumed would lead to an early death.  Regardless, her determination and grit helped her excel in school and get accepted to Princeton and Yale.

I have to say, I checked this out on a whim and was very moved by her story, her candor and her amazing accomplishments.  She seems very humble and also very fun, I assume she and RBG are having a good time at the Supreme Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment