Thursday, March 31, 2016

A thousand naked strangers

A thousand naked strangers: a paramedic's wild ride to the edge and back / Kevin Hazzard 240 pgs.

Next time I tell a good library story, I'm going to remember this book.  Paramedics ALSO work with the public, all ages, types, income levels, but their "customers" are often in a crisis.  They are injured, near death, possibly already dead.  These people are not at their best.  Hazzard tells some AMAZING stories about his 10 years as an EMT then paramedic.  Some of them are horrible, gross, scary, and worse.  But all have a touch of humanity and humor along with the shocking reality.  I would NEVER make it in a situation where I had to provide emergency care or possibly any type of medical care but I'm certainly happy that there are people doing this job and even happier that Kevin Hazzard decided to write about his experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment