Saturday, October 19, 2013

Zealot

Zealot: the life and times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza Aslan 296 pgs.

I listened to the audio version of this book because it came faster than the print copy which has significant holds.  I've read other books by Aslan and enjoyed them so fully expected to enjoy this one too.  The audio version is read by the author which, I think, gives interesting emphasis to his important points.  I like the way he admits that little can be known but much can be inferred from the historical records of the time.

I agree with Kathleen, this book gives you a lot to think about.  I'm leaving my print copy request active because I think I'll need to read over many parts to clarify many things that went too fast for me.  I am still very impressed with Reza Aslan.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment