Sunday, October 20, 2013

Instructions for a heatwave




Instructions for a heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell 289 pgs.

Is there anything better than well written novel about a family with secrets?  I wonder.  This is a great one about the Riordan family, Gretta and Robert and three adult children.  The story starts with Robert walking away...as in disappearing.  The family has no idea where he might be or why he left.  The adult children, Michael Francis, Monica and Aoife come together after three years of not sharing the same space.  There are historic hurts and a lot of strange interactions to figure out before they even get down to the business of finding their father.  Oh boy, there are some fabulous family secrets that come out!  As I was running out of pages, I began to worry that this story would not be wrapped up, that I would be left with a mystery that would drive me insane!  I shouldn't have worried.  O'Farrell did a wonderful job with everything and I loved this family, each and every crazy one of them.

check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment