
Witch Hat Atelier Vol. 1 by Kamome Shirahama (trans. Stephen Kohler), 204 pages.
Coco has been in love with magic her whole life, but everyone knows that witches are born, and Coco was not born with that gift. After a tragic mistake proves to Coco that she can do magic, because anyone can if they know the secret of it, she must learn to master it if she has any hope of reversing her terrible mistake. This volume covers the beginning of Coco's new life in a magic atelier with other apprentices.
This is a stunningly beautiful manga. The art is self-indulgently gorgeous, and many normal panels are as elaborate as the art that is usually used for chapter covers. Additionally, the world is interesting, and I am intrigued by both the characters and the magic. I was brought into this series by the recent animated adaptation, but I believe I may continue with the books as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment