Sunday, December 17, 2023

Postcards from the Edge

 Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher, 226 pages.

Byron's review of this book finally inspired me to not only get around to a book that's been on my list for a while, but to try out the audiobook version. This semi-autobiographical novel follows actress Suzanne Vale in her time in rehab and then in Hollywood in the eighties. I found the plot a little confusing, likely because I'm not normally much of an audiobook listener, but luckily the real strengths of this book aren't in the plot but rather in Fisher's sharp and witty prose. Since much of the novel is Suzanne Vale's introspection, I found the book to be quick and enjoyable, especially with Carrie Fisher herself narrating. This is a pretty quick and low-stakes novel, and I would recommend it for fans of the author.


No comments:

Post a Comment